JellyPages.com

Friday, May 30, 2014

Cars: Star Wars Weekends 2013 Pixar Cars


If you're a follower of my blog, you remember me talking about how I don't collect Cars that are from the "expanded universe", as there's just too many of them. Well, I broke my rule with this when I went to Disney World a few weeks ago.

I had seen these online for a while, but it wasn't until I saw them in person that I was hooked on the idea of getting them. Being a HUGE fan of both Pixar and Star Wars, it seemed like the perfect mash-up for me and I knew I had to get them for my collection. 

Being that they are pretty expensive for what they are (about $10 each, compared to Mattel's regular $3 price tag...but it is Disney World after all so expensive merch is expected:), I let my wife make that decision on whether or not they would be birthday gifts. Sure enough (because she's just awesome) she hooked me up with the whole set for my birthday this past week! I was pumped. 

These don't seem to be made by Mattel, but are sure close. They are Mattel's 1:55 scale, but do not have Mattel's logo on the package at all. This leads me to believe they are just made by the "Disney Theme park Merchandise."

These were released last May during the 2013 Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios park. There must have been a LOT of these made, as they were still very prevalent almost everywhere I went in Disney World when I was there just a few weeks ago.

The six characters that were released in this collection are:
 
Lightning Mcqueen as Luke Skywalker in X-Wing Pilot Gear 

Luigi and Guido as C-3P0 and R2-D2. Seriously, how cute are these guys? This was what really sold Brita on getting this set. She likes it so much, she jokes about "it being hers."

Fillmore as Yoda

Sally as Princess Leia. Don't you love the idea of tires being her classic hair buns? Really creative idea.

Mater as Darth Vader

Tractor as a Stormtrooper 

But WAIT! That's not all. I was also given a crazy surprise on my birthday...stay tuned because tomorrow I will be showing series 2 of these Star Wars Pixar cars!

A HUGE thanks to my wife for getting me these. I definitely couldn't recommend them enough if you're a fan of Pixar's Cars, Star Wars, or like me, both. 
You can pick these up on eBay, at Hollywood Studios in Orlando or by calling the Disney World Merchandise Guest Services/Mail Order Hotline at 877-560-6477. If you call that number, they will charge you the "in parks price" and you will only have to pay shipping. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment